© Reuters. Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskiy speaks all through a joint information convention with Czech High Minister Petr Fiala (now not observed), as Russia’s assault on Ukraine continues, in Kyiv, Ukraine October 31, 2022. REUTERS/Viacheslav Ratynskyi
(Reuters) – Russian President Vladimir Putin is “open to negotiations” on Ukraine however the West will have to settle for Moscow’s calls for, the Kremlin mentioned on Friday, an afternoon after U.S. President Joe Biden mentioned he was once keen to speak if Putin had been on the lookout for a option to finish the struggle.
* Ukraine’s military have misplaced someplace between 10,000 and 13,000 infantrymen thus far within the struggle in opposition to Russia, presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak advised a Ukrainian tv community.* Russia’s Defence Ministry and the top of Ukraine’s presidential management mentioned the 2 nations had swapped 50 carrier team of workers in the newest prisoner alternate between the 2 aspects.* Russian rockets pounded neighbourhoods in Kherson knocking out energy within the town the place electrical energy had handiest begun to be restored just about 3 weeks after Russian troops left.
* Ukraine’s military reported heavy shelling of a lot of jap frontline villages close to the town of Bakhmut.
* Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko advised citizens to fill up on water, meals and heat garments within the tournament of a complete blackout brought about by means of Russian moves.
* The Ukrainian govt will draw up a regulation banning church buildings affiliated with Russia below strikes described by means of President Volodymyr Zelenskiy as important to stop Moscow having the ability to “weaken Ukraine from inside of”.
DIPLOMACY, FOREIGN RESPONSE* Putin advised German Chancellor Olaf Scholz in a telephone name on Friday that the German and Western line on Ukraine was once “harmful” and prompt Berlin to reconsider its method, the Kremlin mentioned.
* Scholz prompt Putin to discover a diplomatic way to the Ukraine warfare once imaginable, “together with a withdrawal of Russian troops”, Scholz’s spokesperson mentioned.
* A number of Ukrainian embassies in a foreign country have gained “bloody programs” containing animal eyes, Ukraine’s international ministry mentioned on Friday, after a chain of letter bombs had been despatched to websites in Spain together with Ukraine’s embassy in Madrid.
* Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic mentioned on Friday no person can bypass EU sanctions in opposition to Russia thru Serbia, which imports all of its fuel from Russia and its sole oil corporate NIS is majority-owned by means of Gazprom (MCX:) Neft and Gazprom.
* Russian assaults on Ukrainian civilian infrastructure have higher the fee to stay Ukraine’s financial system going subsequent 12 months, including as much as $1 billion a month to earlier estimates of $3-$4 billion, the top of the World Financial Fund advised the Reuters NEXT convention.
* The World Atomic Power Company hopes to succeed in an settlement with Russia and Ukraine to create a coverage zone on the Zaporizhzhia nuclear energy plant by means of the tip of the 12 months, the top of the U.N. atomic watchdog was once quoted as announcing.